Ninja Revolution: The Dawn of Shinobi

Set in an alternate timeline about 100 years after the death of the Sage of Six paths.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» I CAN HAS BE BACK HOME!!1!
Mon May 22, 2017 4:46 pm by Okami

» Rei Balor's Updates
Sun May 07, 2017 3:09 pm by Rei

» Kosuke's Updates
Sun May 07, 2017 3:07 pm by Rei

» Kage Summit: preparing for war!
Fri May 05, 2017 3:26 am by Izuna

» Katsuo Jutsus
Tue May 02, 2017 6:57 pm by Izuna

» Katsuo Senju's Updates
Mon May 01, 2017 10:56 pm by Izuna

» VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!
Mon May 01, 2017 10:28 pm by Kosuke

» Katsuo's Equipment
Mon May 01, 2017 2:22 pm by Reigetsu

» Apocalypse Army (wip)
Mon May 01, 2017 1:01 pm by Kosuke

Username:

Password:

Top posters
Kosuke

Fauna Yasenha

Reigetsu

Okami

Izuna

Makoto

Rei

Goken

Katsuo

Mugetsu

Top posting users this week
Important people
ADMINS
@Kosuke

Mods

Reigetsu Hyuuga
Kage
Yamikage: Goken Jōshōsenshi
Chōwakage: Okami Uchiha
Seishikage: Mariko Kai

Poll
How did you find our site?
A friend told me!
48%
 48% [ 16 ]
I saw an advertisement somewhere!
12%
 12% [ 4 ]
Google.
12%
 12% [ 4 ]
Pure luck!
18%
 18% [ 6 ]
Other...
9%
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Affiliates

Bleach Story Role-Play

Share | 

The Truth Behind the Legend (Invite Only, Rei)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info
Village:: Chowagakure

PostSubject: The Truth Behind the Legend (Invite Only, Rei)   Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:53 pm

It was several days after the incident in Yamigakure, and the process of rebuilding the Village was going along smoothly. Okami wasn't being held on charges, considering his memories were tampered with, so he had stuck around to help. It had weirded some people out, seeing the Chowakage, who had started the whole mess in the first place in most of their views, helping to fix the trouble he'd caused by working just as hard as anyone else, helping to feed the needy and healing the injured. He had decided to take a break, however, and had walked through the forest until his feet brought him to a cave that he vaguely remembered from long ago. After his use of the Infinite Izanagi to fix his body, and the subsequent return of his memories, the Uchiha found that it had worked TOO well. He was now remembering even more about his past life than he had before, and it was a shock to him that he found himself here of all places. The last couple of weeks before the death of the Sage was one of the things that he remembered most vividly, and this place featured prominently in the dreams and memories. This was where he had buried the Dulluhan, in an attempt to make them see the value of the lives they had taken. Running his fingers across the old runes and seals inscribed in the stone, Okami stiffened before relaxing as he felt several pairs of eyes bore into him. Of course they were still protective of this place, and they were likely curious as to why his aging seemed to have slowed to a halt, or why his chakra looked and felt exactly like HIS...

Exactly, you don't remember any of this... Okami would be like: and what does this button do? *activates Infinite Tsukuyomi*

Okami's Infinite Amaterasu Sales Pitch:

[22:36:48] @ Okami : Burns faster, hotter, longer, and stronger! Try it for 90 days! If you aren't dead, you'll get your money back!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rei
Missing-Nin (A)
Missing-Nin (A)

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind the Legend (Invite Only, Rei)   Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:18 pm

You shouldn't seek all the answers; believe me.
You may not like what you Find
No jutsu
400/400 chakra

Among the eyes present and focused on Okami, were the eyes of hs judge and possibly executioner: Rei Balor. At least that's how Rei saw Okami, and not just him. Kosuke as well. These two men had somehow tapped into the Sage's power and used it for various reasons. Rei had never questioned the Sage and how he used his power, but she had personally witnessed Okami performing wanton destruction and taking lives. The reason for such an act that Rei personally cared very little for, was a morbid thing that the Sage had cursed her very clan for. By logic alone, this told Rei that the acts were unforgivable.

The young girl had stayed her execution however because of the memory altering. Apparently someone had meddled with Okami's memories in an attempt to bring harm to Yamigakure and its people. Before Rei could properly judge Okami, she needed to judge and execute whomever was responsible for his actions. Kosuke was another matter, as this event happened before Rei had met Kosuke after the village: in fact, Kosuke would come along some time after Okami would leave. What is t that you want, Okami? said a voice suddenly, startling the dulled silence from all the questioning eyes.

A little girl appeared from the shadows of the forest, dressed in a normal villager's attire. Short red hair and wearing a farmer's outfit. Her skin was white and her eyes were green: she was not a Dullahan. Her appearance and rude question without honorifics would probably confuse Okami. Not that disrespect was uncommon now to that man from this village. He had taken many of their loved ones' lives and they were not given a proper reason to excuse his actions, though their Yamikage had not punished him. Rei watched from the shadows listening and waiting to see what kind of interaction transpired between Okami and this villager.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind the Legend (Invite Only, Rei)   Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:08 am

Okami stopped his examination of the old tomb, turning around to look down at the young child. As he did, his eyes widened then softened as he noticed that the little girl hadn't referred to him with any honorifics, or anything like that. There were quite a few civilians who hadn't been informed of the exact circumstances of the attack, and it was heartbreaking to him that they couldn't have closure until the investigations were over, if at all. With a sad smile, Okami knelt down and reached into a messenger's bag that he had brought, careful to move slowly so he didn't startle her, or the Dullahan hiding in the trees. Inside the bag were a few odds and ends, like a notebook, brush, and some tools that he had bartered and purchased in town so that he could help. Pulling out the worker's lunch he had packed that morning, a simple loaf of bread, some cheese, and a bottle of water, he handed it to the girl. He didn't need it, anyway, as he was working towards atonement for the destruction he had caused. Hunger was a fitting punishment, as he was forcing himself to live just as the people he had harmed were. Keeping the sad smile on his face, Okami's one visible silver eye would flick downwards to the ground, with the muscles under the eyepatch meant to conserve chakra mimicking this to indicate that his Rinne Sharingan was moving as well, before it flicked back to the girl's eyes. "I'm here, little one, because I've done much I'm not proud of, and wish to make my mistakes right. I lost myself once before, and the Monks of the Final Path taught me who I was, and who I am. I came here today so that I could find myself once again, amongst the very people I told to do so in the first place. If you could find it in your heart to forgive me, than you are a better person than I. Right now, I doubt there's anything anyone could say that could make me feel worse than the torture I've put myself through has."

The Uchiha felt as if the Dullahan watching were listening carefully, so he put as much meaning into his words as he could. They would certainly recognize the mention of the Monks of the Final Path. They were a fledgling organization when the clan was punished, but it was well known that they were the chosen few of the Sage of Six Paths, who were to watch for the reincarnations of he and his sons, and guide them into learning their true potential. Last time Okami had seen them, they had prepared everything he needed to regain the power he had held as Hagoromo Otsutsuki, but there was also an undercurrent of worry, as they sensed that Indra's reincarnation attempted to grasp his spiritual father's power. He had a sneaking suspicion that Kosuke was Indra, and there was plenty of evidence, but it also brought up a different question. Where was Asura?

Exactly, you don't remember any of this... Okami would be like: and what does this button do? *activates Infinite Tsukuyomi*

[22:36:48] @ Okami : Burns faster, hotter, longer, and stronger! Try it for 90 days! If you aren't dead, you'll get your money back!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rei
Missing-Nin (A)
Missing-Nin (A)

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind the Legend (Invite Only, Rei)   Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:27 pm

No jutsu
400/400 chakra

The girl, Rei and many other Dullahand watched from the shadows. Instead of replying to the young girl's rebuttal, Okami had reached into his bag. Some thought he would pull out a weapon and kill the girl for so much rudeness in one question. Others didn't care, Rei was just curious. The concern of the little girl didn't matter to Rei: Okami would grow to understand soon enough.

The girl watched passively as Okami procured all those things from his bag, a regular poor person's working meal, often seen lately throughout the village. Okami then attempted to hand it to the little girl, offering an explanation and attempt for atonement. A life taken, can only be repad with a life given. If you truly wish to atone for killing so many innocence, then you should either turn yourself over to your former life's followers, the Dullahand and be judged by them. Or devote your life to the cause of the lives you took. Which would mean serving many lifetimes as an indentured servant to the village of Yamigakure. Fir a little girl, she said many deep, powerful and harsh things. Okami would probably become suspicious of the little girl and her reason for being in Kurai mountain's darkest part of the forest, surrounded by Dullahan. It was time for the ploy to be revealed.

The girl pushed the food back into Okami's hands with a small wicked smile. Another voice responded for the girl, You need the food more than her. To keep up your strength and all, to atone for your sins. Plus there is the matter of discovering the perpetrator who altered your memories. It was Rei. This little girl was nothing more than a puppet to Rei, though once a real person: the little girl was now nothing more than a corpse. A mercy kill Rei had committed after the little girl's family had been slaughtered by bandits and left her for a slow painful death. Rei had taken the girl's soul and sought retribution on the bandits. Now the girl belonged to Rei and her accursed scythe.

The girl turned her back to Okami after having pushed the food away and Rei had begun to speak. A dark red stain covered the girl's back, along with a sword slash mark through her clothing. This girl was nothing more than a dead soul, a zombie and their will controlled by the Dullahand. She stopped short of her master, Rei and turned back towards Okami, just watching passively and Rei walked passed her and closer to Okami. What the girl said about your atonement remains true. How is it you plan to atone for the countless lives lost to your misdeed? she asked seriously, fully intending to behead the man if his answer was less than satisfactory.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind the Legend (Invite Only, Rei)   Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:04 pm

Okami's eyes flared in righteous fury as his lunch hit the ground. Black and purple rings spread through his visible eye as he activated his Rinnegan, reaching out to grab the chakra strings holding the little girl's soul to the Dullahan and severing the bonds with the Preta Path. Catching the girl as she fell, he would lay her on the ground before standing and looking at Rei. "I plan to atone for my sins the way that I did before, by devoting my life and strength to bettering mankind as a whole. I came here today because this is where my memories drew me. I've been seeing this pit in my dreams for several nights now, and a phrase keeps reflecting through my head, in my own voice. It's the one written here, in fact. "We are all born dead. The end exists before anything begins. If living is a constant quest for awareness, the awareness we gain at the end is the real goal. In other words, death is the discovery and complete understanding of the end. We are not allowed to seek awareness. Those that cannot transcend death will not find awareness in anything."...Do you understand what is written here? You've had a hundred years to ponder it, and yet you feel justified in playing with the lives of others even after all this time, while I was forced into a crime I wasn't willing to commit. So tell me something, Rei. Am I the one who truly needs atonement, or are you?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rei
Missing-Nin (A)
Missing-Nin (A)

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind the Legend (Invite Only, Rei)   Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:20 am

No jutsu
400/400 chakra

(OOC: I'll give it to you this time Okami. But don't be severing my hold on dead souls if you aren't gong to show your loss of chakra. Not to mention you didn't perform the technique properly for taking the soul.)

Rei was not surprised at all by Okami's reaction to learning the truth behind the girl. In a way, she had just tested the man to see how differently his qualities and abilities differed from her previous master's. The doujutsu, the Rinnegan was a troublesome and gifted thing. Had she wanted to interrupt Okami from severing the soul of her servant, she could have in that instant: but the dead were plenty and humanity was dying all of the time. Okami had passed her little test, albeit ungraceful and at the cost of both his sandwich and her servant.

She listened to him explain his loose idea for atonement and then his berating of her for valuing life so little. His wise words were deep but no more than circular reasoning, she had heard similar things from many wise men who thought they were wise enough to teach the Dullahan the importance and help them break their curse. Do not mistake sin with crime. A crime is an act committed against the laws of mankind. A sin is an act committed against mankind themselves. she would let that snk in for a moment before she walked over to a tree and leaned against it, near the entrance to the tomb she had spent one hundred years. That little girl, her family and an entire little village had been raided by bandits. Looted, plundered and murdered in mass, I arrived and the only one still breathing was that little girl. Dying slowly and painfully, I promised her the opportunity to exact revenge. She got her vengeance, Okami. Her soul owed a debt to me and you just severed it without considered the implications of your opinionated fury. Now you owe me a debt. she said adamantly, looking at the man with her black and gold eyes, boring into his soul to let him know that though her act was immoral, his act was not without its own faults.

Did Rei truly not understand the weight and importance of lives? Of course she didn't. Her people had sacrificed innocent lives to the Sage in their past life and then imprisoned for one hundred years in solitude beneath the earth. How were they to learn and atone for their actions when they themselves were detached from life? They had spent one hundred years recalling the events that led up to their curse: at first the details had been clear, very clear to them. But as time went on and the more they thought on it, the more distorted and twisted their memories had become.

Okami was and was not the Sage, yet he spoke as though he understood their plight and the reasoning behind it. Rei did not like it, but Okami was entitled to his own opinion and at least his concern for mankind was focused and in a proper perspective. Maybe there was hope for him after all. We all sin and must atone for things we do while living. i believe one reason the Sage imprisoned us Dullahan for one hundred years is because of the curse he blessed us with. If we had lived like this for one hundred years, it would have had irreversible damage on mankind. My people know we have much to atone for and we continually add more atrocities on top of our past transgressions: but in that regard, we are no different from you or your friend Kosuke. She didn't need his approval, nor did she seek it- she only wished to judge him, whether guilty or innocent.

His words had been unnecessary berating of Rei, for she and her clan had received much instruction and punishment from the Sage in their early lives. All that was left for them, was to understand the weight of their sins and crimes, and to die. Okami's angered words had caused the majority of the Dullahan to leave the forest, they knew their own plight well enough and didn't desire to be reminded by anyone else. One by one, the blue people disappeared from the shadows, undoubtedly Okami would feel their presence vanishing until only one remained, Rei. You may have undeniable power and gifts from the Sage's spirit, but you are still a child compared to my people. Do not presume to understand and judge us based on mankind's laws. We are a clan set apart from mankind's time and laws, though we mostly abide by them to appease others.

Twisted? Yes. Her reasoning was sound however. Kosuke and Okami had inherited the Sage's spirit and that of his sons, but there was still one son unaccounted for in spirit. Until all variables were revealed to the girl, she would withhold her judgement. Her first priority was to find the black mass that had been controlling Okami during the destruction of Yamigakure. For now, there was little more to say. Okami's words left a bitter taste in Rei's mouth, though she had to admit some of what he said was true. The real question was how Okami had received her own words in repercussion. There was much on her mind for now and still much work to do. She turned to make her leave after hearing Okami's next reply. There is still much to be done. I need time to investigate the shadows of my village to see if I can find the black shadow which controlled you. Feel free to stay and help the others, or leave. Your presence here is just as harmful as if you weren't hear, to the masses at least. she would say bluntly, understanding the hearts of the people through their auras.
[EXIT]
made by sei

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind the Legend (Invite Only, Rei)   Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:05 pm

Okami's Rinnegan narrowed severely as he stared at Rei, who scoffed at him as if his words were nothing. Could she even read the runes by her own tomb, or were they similar to the runes on the Uchiha Stone Tablet? That would make sense, then, and he could forgive that. The Sharingan was required to read runes such as those, and the Mangekyo Sharingan or the Eternal variant was required to understand more than just the basics. The Tablet itself actually required the Rinnegan to understand everything written upon it. Sighing, the Sage's reincarnation allowed his Rinnegan to fade as he watched Rei closely. A single drop came down from the sky, before it started to pour lightly. It wasn't too hard, but it would be enough to screw with all of the Villagers trying to work. Chuckling lightly, Okami would give Rei another look, on of contemplation and meaning. "You know, sometimes I wish I was the rain. If I were the rain that binds together the earth and sky, who in all eternity will never mingle...Would I be able to bind the hearts of people together?"

Turning to walk away as Rei did, those words would ring in his ears. Did he believe them? Yes. Had he said them before, in a past life? Probably. Did it change the meaning and yearning behind it? Not at all. Noticing one of the Monks of the Final Path in the brush nearby, Shinji Uzumaki, he walked over and exchanged a few words before leaving. Okami would go back to his own Village, while the Monks would deal with the situation in Yamigakure. Sending one last look at the tomb of the Dullahan, his silent tears would mingle with the rain, nearly unnoticeable as he disappeared into the mists.

[Exit]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind the Legend (Invite Only, Rei)   

Back to top Go down

The Truth Behind the Legend (Invite Only, Rei)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1