Ninja Revolution: The Dawn of Shinobi

Set in an alternate timeline about 100 years after the death of the Sage of Six paths.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» NINJA REVOLUTION PHASE TWO IS NOW ONLINE
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:31 pm by Kosuke

» I CAN HAS BE BACK HOME!!1!
Mon May 22, 2017 4:46 pm by Okami

» Rei Balor's Updates
Sun May 07, 2017 3:09 pm by Rei

» Kosuke's Updates
Sun May 07, 2017 3:07 pm by Rei

» Kage Summit: preparing for war!
Fri May 05, 2017 3:26 am by Izuna

» Katsuo Jutsus
Tue May 02, 2017 6:57 pm by Izuna

» Katsuo Senju's Updates
Mon May 01, 2017 10:56 pm by Izuna

» VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!
Mon May 01, 2017 10:28 pm by Kosuke

» Katsuo's Equipment
Mon May 01, 2017 2:22 pm by Reigetsu

Username:

Password:

Top posters
Kosuke

Fauna Yasenha

Reigetsu

Okami

Izuna

Makoto

Rei

Goken

Katsuo

Mugetsu

Top posting users this week
Important people
ADMINS
@Kosuke

Mods

Reigetsu Hyuuga
Kage
Yamikage: Goken Jōshōsenshi
Chōwakage: Okami Uchiha
Seishikage: Mariko Kai

Poll
How did you find our site?
A friend told me!
48%
 48% [ 16 ]
I saw an advertisement somewhere!
12%
 12% [ 4 ]
Google.
12%
 12% [ 4 ]
Pure luck!
18%
 18% [ 6 ]
Other...
9%
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Affiliates

Bleach Story Role-Play

Share | 

Chowakage's Rant: Episode 1! (Why people need to stop using me!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info
Village:: Chowagakure

PostSubject: Chowakage's Rant: Episode 1! (Why people need to stop using me!)   Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Hello ladies and gentlemen! I decided not to use too offensive of a greeting, as it really wouldn't be as funny outside of my head. Bummer.

So, I have decided to begin posting out of character discussions like this one in order to address my pet peeves on the site in general. Since it recently came up AGAIN, I've decided to start with something a bit personal. STOP USING ME AS AN EXCUSE!

Seriously, there have been several members (You know who you are!) that have cited their need for unreasonable, overpowered jutsu and techniques that make no sense when compared to canon as "I need to be able to defend against Okami!" or "Okami's OP, so I need to be too.!" Not joking, I'm extremely insulted by this, and the staff have had to deal with this shit constantly.

Let me tell you a story. Okami started on the site as a Chuunin. Shocker, right? He didn't start off as the invincible monster that everyone thinks he is. I will admit he got a minor boost due to flagging interest in the site for everyone and my agreement to assist with the running of the site after I came back from a severe depressive fit. Honestly, though? I probably could have gone without the boost and been at the same level in a week or two anyway. He is actually a brainchild I came up with a long time ago, in response to my little sister making an OC for Naruto. When I learned of the RP community, I decided to create my alter-ego once again. I started on an SAO site, and that...well, it was really hard to grasp. Then I found a Bleach site, which I'm still on, actually, but I decided to delve into Naruto as well, recreating that old persona that I had kept locked away. I went through a couple and had some troubles with other roleplayers until I found this site.

Now, if you want a story of why Okami is so powerful, and why my word is respected so much on the site with the other staff and Kosuke, I can tell you. Okami, in his current incarnation, is the THIRD CHARACTER to have been posted on the site. The first was Kosuke, and the second was Makoto, who abandoned the site later on and came back as Katsuo, only to abandon us once again. Literally, I have seniority over everyone except for Kos. The only way for Okami to have become as strong as he is would be through time, effort, and a healthy mutual respect between myself and the Head Admin. I have never pushed him or argued for anything he didn't want to approve, and I have gotten as strong as I have through using canon examples and working within the site limitations. Even when he asked me to give up the Nine-Tails, all I wanted was an honest answer as to why it was such a problem. He gave that to me, and I unsealed the Bijuu as soon as possible.

So, after hearing all of this and remembering that Okami's entire character design is based on being a good person and a bit of a goofball at times, I ask you: Does he seem like the kind of asshole that would go all out against Genin - which by all means are children for the most part, rape entire clans, and flatten countries just because he felt like it was a good way to spend his Tuesday? No. In fact, the entire thing in Yamigakure wasn't even my idea, and it's blown up so much IC that I actually regret agreeing to do it. In fact, it was Izuna's idea, and his characters Sou and Yume manipulated me into doing it IC because OKAMI WOULDN'T DO THAT. Now, if I'm reluctant OOC and IC to use his full power in a SITE-WIDE EVENT CENTERED ON HIM BLOWING SHIT UP, what makes you think that any casual spar or fight with just any old pissy ninja would just so happen to end with him destroying mountain ranges and entire Hidden Villages?

Thanks for listening, and I hope you all CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE!

~Okami Uchiha, the royally-pissed Nidaime Chowakage

Exactly, you don't remember any of this... Okami would be like: and what does this button do? *activates Infinite Tsukuyomi*

Okami's Infinite Amaterasu Sales Pitch:

[22:36:48] @ Okami : Burns faster, hotter, longer, and stronger! Try it for 90 days! If you aren't dead, you'll get your money back!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sera
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Chowakage's Rant: Episode 1! (Why people need to stop using me!)   Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:12 pm

I'm gonna offer me two cents. First, I had the third character, his name was Akio Uchiha, and he was an S-Class Chowagakure Jounin and he ran Kosuke's and Makoto's Genin Exams. So that's a thing Razz

But yeah. The whole "my stuff is fair cuz it's Canon" argument is invalid. End result is you have broken shit, why does no one else get broken shit? Because they don't want to use canon stuff? Or because they don't want to be Uchiha or use Rinnegan or Rinne-Sharingan? The whole "it's ok I'm an Uchiha" argument is partly what killed Naruto RP.

I'm sorry Okami, but I literally agree with nothing you said. Lol. Bottom line is people like to play on even ground, and your levels being untouchable simply because you're an Uchiha and not everyone wants to play it that way is the basis for what everyone says. Not "Okami has this and I need that to counter it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Chowakage's Rant: Episode 1! (Why people need to stop using me!)   Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:18 pm

(Akio-chan, it's your sensei :3)

Working hard deserves merit, well deserved merit. However there is a fine line between being OP & being god. Being OP is the person no one wants to fight 1VS1 in a fair fight because they are afraid they'll die. Being god is single-handedly destroying a village with a single jutsu or two. Yes, the Uchiha's legendary doujutsu stuff is indeed canon, as well as the transmigrant will of Hagoromo & his family: but a lot of that latter stuff was so controversial and destroyed the fun of what Naruto originally stood for. Just as Roleplay has devolved from character development & skill->to god-level jutsu and powers, so did the anime/manga. Bluntly, it all became too much like DBZ and less ninja-oriented. Yes, people use you(Okami) as an excuse to attempt to obtain more powerful things just so they can compete with you: but you can't blame them for that. Some of it may be rediculous, but so is a lot of that god-level canon stuff.

I understand your frustration. However, your argument is very one-sided and shallow. Everyone deserves equal opportunity. You & your powers are no exception or special in the sense that you should find fault in others for using you as the poster-boy to acceptable limitations. Before criticizing others, first put yourself in their position & judge your own position.

You are not completely to blame however. Each of us has a responsibility to be reasonable and uphold a certain level of realistic expectations and acceptance. Instead of always trying to "one-up" each others.... shouldn't it be about enjoying the RP & character development? I have seen far too much of this OOC competitiveness and struggle/racing for the most powerful abilities an jutsu, people have forgotten what legitimate and old school roleplay is all about. This whole circumstance reminds me of PVP griefing in videogames over actually enjoying the game.

(EDIT)
I've been at the pinnacle of power before. Gratifying but not fulfilling, nor enjoyable. Out of everything- I got more ridicule and backstabbing from others than respect. Because though I followed the rules and obtained ridiculous power: I set myself apart from the others. So I can understand where your coming from. I understand your frustration & line of reasoning. I'm not blaming anyone for anything- but we all need to check ourselves and hold each other accountable. Accept constructive criticism when it is given.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info
Village:: Chowagakure

PostSubject: Re: Chowakage's Rant: Episode 1! (Why people need to stop using me!)   Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:44 am

Hello! I am back from the plague, involving a fever of 101-102 and hacking up solids from my lungs that included reddish-brown bits that may or may not have been dried blood! Pretty damned sure I'm Patient Zero for the Zambie Alpaca-Lips...

So, reading your complaints, this is exactly what I was just talking about, not to mention that you...really need to check your facts, Sera. Go look in the Character Applications section of the site, go to the bottom of the second page, and look at the name third from the bottom. It says Okami Uchiha, posted and approved on February 3rd, 2016. Below that is Makoto Nara, posted and approved the day before that, and Kosuke Uchiha, posted on October 20th, 2015. Seriously, the dumbass was the only person on the site and made a character...Weirdo XD

I comprehend completely that you might have been talking about another site that I wouldn't know about, but I'd like you to realize something. Whatever happened there doesn't change anything on this site, nor does it change the validity of the points that I've made. I'd never heard of an Akio before now. I know you came from a different site to here, and I can assume that Mao did too, but throwing your two cents in and attempting to change stated, provable, and irrefutable fact isn't conducive to a productive argument for any of us.

The argument I'm making isn't that what I have is fair because it's canon, it's that ANYONE can get to that point with hard work and a bit of creativity. If it makes sense in the Narutoverse, and is fair enough for an RPG set in said anime/manga, then it'll get approved. Sure, we don't want a million Madara's running around blowing everything up, but all you really need to get to that point is to put in some effort. Such is the power of RPG's, stemming back to Dungeons and Dragons, the grandfather of them all. I have been the first to admit that Okami is overpowered, and probably a bit broken, but then you have to remember how much effort and work I've put into the character and the site. Sure, I know one end of a game system from the other, but that's because I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons and other RPGs for around a dozen or so years. I grew up with it, so it makes sense that I can piece together a good character from damn-near nothing but my head and about 15 minutes of spare time. The OP shit came afterword, WITH WORK.

Being overpowered doesn't matter, even. If you could outplay me, it wouldn't matter what I could pull out of my ass. To be honest, what makes me so dangerous isn't the fact that Okami is PROBABLY a bit more than a little broken, or the fact that I hold back on purpose with his potential so that I don't fuck over the site outside of events. What makes me dangerous is experience, and the amount of effort I put in. I've never been outwitted in an RPG like this. Ever. That's how Okami got overpowered in the first place. I set my mind to his character and BECAME him. I started thinking like he does whenever I write his interactions with others, and I started developing his mannerisms off from my own.

A Kage is a caged monster, and they have to let someone know if they go on a walk, LET ALONE leave notice if they leave the Village. Do you know why? *Looks at Yamigakure* Well, I'll give you a couple guesses. Anyone who could be considered the strongest ninja in their Village is about on par with the shinobi forces of another country. The ENTIRE army. Seriously, your complaints fall upon the ears of a man who can't even go to the bathroom to take a piss without getting looked at suspiciously, like he's going to sneeze and cause World War We're All Fucked.

So, onto another, more ultimate point...Kosuke allowed for this, and approved of me getting to the level that I'm at. He made me work for it, dammit, and I didn't complain. I probably deserve a cookie for what that man put me through...*Shudders* If you want to complain about Okami being so powerful, that's fine, but please don't use me as an excuse for gamebreaking abilities when none of mine violate the systems OR what Kosuke has ruled. Yes, there have been jokes about me being God, but I've actually been VERY careful about leaving them as jokes. I'm not invincible. Okami isn't infallible. If you want to kill him or something, then I won't just sit there and let him die, but I'm not looking to rearrange the map because someone wanted to complain about a decision I've made IC or OOC. Another note, please don't bring any of this into character. It's a petty, immature thing to do, and it violates site rules.

Thanks for listening once again (or maybe you didn't the first time), and definitely CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE!

~Okami Uchiha, the plague survivor and really, really disappointed Nidaime Chowakage.

Exactly, you don't remember any of this... Okami would be like: and what does this button do? *activates Infinite Tsukuyomi*

Okami's Infinite Amaterasu Sales Pitch:

[22:36:48] @ Okami : Burns faster, hotter, longer, and stronger! Try it for 90 days! If you aren't dead, you'll get your money back!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Chowakage's Rant: Episode 1! (Why people need to stop using me!)   Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:28 am

Glad to see you are well and survived the zombie test subject zero case. 

Anyways, my insight was more or less of a paradigm difference between how people view these kinds of things. I don't personally agree with members having Madara or Kaguya-level power, because far too often- they take that power with a very personal touch. Many many forums have had Kage which ge insanely powerful just out of character creation & then they mess with other villages. I don't mean an all out village war... Just a kage and his OOC friend going to a different village and killing another specific member for the KKG or something. Yet no on else dares challeng them because th kage is Madara-like. I can't say I understan what Akio-chan is talking about & with your mentions of Makoto, but my whole rambling of words has been to emphasize the "check" on power. Could some of us make characters  to compete with Okami & Kosuke? Yes, yes we could. In fact, my main is already at a point where with just a few more steps and I would consider it unfair to fight against my main character: but Ive done everything fairly and within the rules and Kosuke's supervision. Personally, I am more into the character development and a good story over godlike powers. I've intentionally held back on progressing my main character further due to such reasons as stated above- but I don't really see a point in doing so if others aren't going to maintain a sensible level of power. After all, the later part of Naruto was more DBZ oriente than the original naruto concept we all fell in love with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mao
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Chowakage's Rant: Episode 1! (Why people need to stop using me!)   Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:33 pm

Take it as a compliment & stop complaining. Trust the staff to deny ridiculous stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chowakage's Rant: Episode 1! (Why people need to stop using me!)   

Back to top Go down

Chowakage's Rant: Episode 1! (Why people need to stop using me!)
Page 1 of 1