Ninja Revolution: The Dawn of Shinobi

Set in an alternate timeline about 100 years after the death of the Sage of Six paths.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» NINJA REVOLUTION PHASE TWO IS NOW ONLINE
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:31 pm by Kosuke

» I CAN HAS BE BACK HOME!!1!
Mon May 22, 2017 4:46 pm by Okami

» Rei Balor's Updates
Sun May 07, 2017 3:09 pm by Rei

» Kosuke's Updates
Sun May 07, 2017 3:07 pm by Rei

» Kage Summit: preparing for war!
Fri May 05, 2017 3:26 am by Izuna

» Katsuo Jutsus
Tue May 02, 2017 6:57 pm by Izuna

» Katsuo Senju's Updates
Mon May 01, 2017 10:56 pm by Izuna

» VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!
Mon May 01, 2017 10:28 pm by Kosuke

» Katsuo's Equipment
Mon May 01, 2017 2:22 pm by Reigetsu

Username:

Password:

Top posters
Kosuke

Fauna Yasenha

Reigetsu

Okami

Izuna

Makoto

Rei

Goken

Katsuo

Mugetsu

Top posting users this week
Important people
ADMINS
@Kosuke

Mods

Reigetsu Hyuuga
Kage
Yamikage: Goken Jōshōsenshi
Chōwakage: Okami Uchiha
Seishikage: Mariko Kai

Poll
How did you find our site?
A friend told me!
48%
 48% [ 16 ]
I saw an advertisement somewhere!
12%
 12% [ 4 ]
Google.
12%
 12% [ 4 ]
Pure luck!
18%
 18% [ 6 ]
Other...
9%
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Affiliates

Bleach Story Role-Play

Share | 

The Path Less Traveled (Private, Fauna & Okami)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info
Village:: Chowagakure

PostSubject: Re: The Path Less Traveled (Private, Fauna & Okami)   Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:50 pm

Okami's one visible eye was clouded in thought, wondering where Fauna was before she used the Three-Tail's ability to move through shadows in order to meet his summons. Hearing her arrive, he turned around and he visibly relaxed. They might have been having a rough patch in their friendship, but he still worried about her. That she was here in front of him meant that she wasn't in prison somewhere, or getting into trouble. Sighing, Okami would chuckle as he lifted a finger to scratch under the eyepatch over his left eye, a habit he had taken to since the damned thing itched more often than not. Speaking up, the Chowakage would address his oldest friend. "Yokubo, please take off your mask. This isn't an official meeting or anything. I'd rather talk to my best friend Fauna at the moment, not the ANBU Yokubo under my direct control."

She might notice that he was wearing his normal Uchiha garb and not the robes of his office at the moment, meaning that it really wasn't anything important. Smiling, he put his feet up on the desk in a manner reminiscent of the Shodaime Chowakage, bringing to the fore the tidbit that Haruto Yoshida had helped raise the Uchiha Clan Head, and often came to pick him up from the Academy when the two shinobi in the room were younger. "So, I decided to take a day off and chill with an old friend. Any ideas of what we should do?"

Exactly, you don't remember any of this... Okami would be like: and what does this button do? *activates Infinite Tsukuyomi*

Okami's Infinite Amaterasu Sales Pitch:

[22:36:48] @ Okami : Burns faster, hotter, longer, and stronger! Try it for 90 days! If you aren't dead, you'll get your money back!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: The Path Less Traveled (Private, Fauna & Okami)   Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:28 pm

Okami's smile grew sad for a moment as Fauna spoke, knowing it to be true. He felt horrible about it, but there wasn't much he could do for it now other than try to make amends. Standing up, he'd give Fauna another smile before laughing again, for obvious reasons. "Wait, wait wait....THAT festival? Didn't we skip class to go to that one? Must've been fifteen years ago now...Damn! Let's go!"

Not even bothering with the door, Okami walked over and opened the large window in his office, jumping out and motioning for Fauna to follow. He wouldn't hear the end of it from the Council of Elders if they found out he spent his day off NOT in the office. Seriously, do they even understand the point of it? Letting himself free-fall for a moment, he landed on a nearby roof like a cat and rolled to disperse the force of the impact. Well, at least his over-glorified jail break was fun so far!

Exactly, you don't remember any of this... Okami would be like: and what does this button do? *activates Infinite Tsukuyomi*

[22:36:48] @ Okami : Burns faster, hotter, longer, and stronger! Try it for 90 days! If you aren't dead, you'll get your money back!

Last edited by Okami on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: The Path Less Traveled (Private, Fauna & Okami)   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:01 pm

Okami laughed as Fauna brought up that incident while they were falling. That WAS how it started, but it had ended up fun enough! Moving at a fast enough speed that there wouldn't really be anyone that would recognize him as anything more than a blur at most other than Fauna, Okami made his way towards the gate. Finding the main gate of the Village guarded, the Chowakage groaned loud enough for Fauna to hear, but not loud enough for the two Chuunin on duty to find anything suspicious. "Well, this is a snag. The Council of Old People want me cooped up all day after the last 'incident', even though I was attacked in my office and wasn't in my right mind afterwards. If they find out I skipped out to actually relax, I'm going to have a massive headache. They can't do shit about it, or me, but still..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: The Path Less Traveled (Private, Fauna & Okami)   Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:00 am

Laughing his ass off as Fauna returned, Okami politely declined her hand before hopping down to the ground, walking out of the gate without a hitch. Oh, of course the guard would change in the next fifteen minutes or so, and the "sleeping" Chuunin would be in deep shit, but that was the beauty of the plan. At least it wasn't them! They could afford to move a little slower now, as the festival's gates were in sight, so Okami turned to his erstwhile companion and asked about something that had been bugging him. "Fauna-chan, how'd you know where to find me in the Yamigakure incident? I'm just curious. After all, I did just wander out of the hospital, and slipped away from even the Hunter-nin assigned to the ANBU. I don't think you were even in the Village..."

It was simple curiosity, nothing more, but it had been nagging at him constantly since they had gotten home. It didn't really matter if he got an answer, he just needed to get it off his chest.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: The Path Less Traveled (Private, Fauna & Okami)   Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:32 am

Okami's eye softened as he saw Fauna begin to cry over him. Sighing, he stopped, turned around, and gave his oldest friend a well-deserved hug, pulling her in before she could really start the waterworks. "I'm such an ass...I'm sorry for making you worry like that. At least Goken-san believed me when I told him that I had no wish to harm anyone in his Village. Publicly he's denouncing my actions, but he's privately conducting a search into the illegal ANBU sect responsible and hunting down whatever the hell came out of me. Let's not worry about it, and just have fun, okay?"

And there it was. That damned protective streak of his that insisted that he do anything he could to keep those he cares about happy. Sure, Fauna still had an inch on him without the heels, which was highly disconcerting now that she was a woman, but that didn't mean anything to him. Setting a hand on her shoulder as he backed off, the Chowakage gave Fauna one of his infamous grins, one that she'd know meant he was about to act like a jackass in the most glorious way possible. "Well, there's a ton of games that are just begging to be played. Don't lose too badly, alright?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: The Path Less Traveled (Private, Fauna & Okami)   Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:28 am

Okami groaned audibly as he saw the dreaded teddy bears. Holy fuck, the thing was bigger than he was...The worst part? Even as Luke, Fauna had collected stuffed animals. Now, Okami would be lying if he claimed that he'd never slept with one, but he had stopped that...right around the time he'd started sharing a bed with Laputa. Dammit...Anyway, it was disconcerting to walk into Fauna's house, given that half of the lounge area was pink and the other half was pink and covered in cotton-filled plushies. Walking over, he grumbled something about how this'd hurt his international image even more than blowing up an entire Hidden Village did before paying for both he and Fauna to play. Smirking, he decided not to use his Sharingan, as Fauna was right. That'd definitely be cheating, but..."If you're so obsessed with the games being fair, Fauna, you should cover an eye!"

It was true, after all. He COULD take off his eyepatch, but it'd break the "no Dojutsu" rule she had just put into play, and would be a grievous misuse of the Sage of Six Paths' power. Thus, he had to keep the damned piece of black leather on. At least he had replaced the original four laces with chains. It certainly cut a more impressive image that way. Taking one of the rings into his hand, he tested the weight and heft. He was damned good at Shurikenjutsu, but he had admittedly neglected it in favor of Bukijutsu. They, along with sight-based Genjutsu and a traditional take on Ninjutsu were the bread and butter of any Uchiha, and he had decided that he should definitely spend some time honing his ranged attacks. Maybe Kyujutsu...Shaking his head, he cursed his lack of depth perception quietly before adjusting for it and throwing, landing the ring on the peg about five feet in front of him. "Your turn!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: The Path Less Traveled (Private, Fauna & Okami)   Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Okami pondered for a moment, knowing that Fauna was entitled to the information. The entirety of Chowagakure's Black Ops were on the case, but the information about who he had actually decided to investigate was only known by three people, including himself and Kosuke, both of whom one could torture for years and just get laughed at. With the amount of money he had offered the other Shinobi, no one would ever hear a peep from him, anyway. Okami didn't know who to trust, especially after his last talk with his disgraced cousin, so he decided to fill Fauna in on the information she was entitled to only, just as Village policy dictated. "Well, we have the basic structure and hierarchy figured out, but the three-man team I had sent to investigate hardly made it into the main compound of the island before they got ambushed. Only one lived, and he spoke of Kekkei Genkai users going through what appeared to be withdrawal, and that seemed to have undergone extensive surgeries. If this goes any further, I may have to step in personally for the sake of the Village. Damn...This shit is keeping me up a night. Hey! How about Kendo?"

Okami was gone in almost an instant at normal human speeds, catching on to something that might be fun. There was an open Kendo and Kenjutsu tournament, Round Robin-style, and given that Okami wasn't in his normal garb and had recently gone through a bit of a change in appearance most people wouldn't recognize him. After all, the scars and domino hair were gone, replaced by an older version of the relaxed Academy student that had terrorized the first official tournament they had at this festival. Paying for a couple of Shinai, one shorter than the other, he would toss the wakizashi-sized one to Fauna and get into the arena, ignoring the remark that if he didn't wear the armor he'd get hurt. He was wearing an older style of Uchiha garb, but it still had the Clan's symbol embroidered on the back of the long, sleeveless black tunic. He covered the old ANBU seal on his right arm with a bit of gauze, and wasn't wearing anything that indicated that he was a Chowagakure shinobi otherwise. Tapping the katana-length shinai on his shoulder, he waited for Fauna to get in before motioning to the referee to start it. First to five, was the traditional rule, and jutsu other than anything purely physical weren't permitted. "Ready for another lesson? It's been a while since we could do this!"

Oh, it had been a long time since he'd had to give Fauna a pointer on how to hold a sword, but he knew it pushed her buttons whenever he brought it up. Ohhh, this was gonna be good!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: The Path Less Traveled (Private, Fauna & Okami)   Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Okami's smirk widened as Fauna charged. Oh, he had expected the question he had heard as he rushed off, and his short attention span was partially on purpose most of the time. Only partially, though, and the natural part of it assisted greatly in combat, accelerating his reaction time to godlike levels, as he displayed. Blocking the downward stroke, he was pleasantly surprised about the strength behind Fauna's blows. It wasn't nearly enough to match or surpass the Chowakage's physical strength, but her speed had definitely improved to the point where she could nearly keep up with him. Nearly. The flick of the short shinai into the air was unexpected, and the palm thrust to drive the blade into his chest was a completely unorthodox move that would have worked on almost anyone else. Okami, however, lagged to the side to avoid the strike, ducking down and moving about five feet behind Fauna, waiting for her to turn to face him as the entire crowd watched.

A group of old Kenjutsu practitioners acting as the judges watched the two youngsters exchange blows in awe. Several of them could hardly follow their movements, and the last was amazed that two so young could have mastered the art so wonderfully, speaking to the other judges quietly about what was going on. "The young girl there, her strikes are like a snake's! I wish I could have moved like that in my younger days. She's definitely an Eighth Dan, but I've never heard of this 'Fauna' before. No surname or rank as an indicator of proper teachings, just skill! The other man, Okami, was it? It's the same with him, but I'd recognize the styles anywhere. The Jigoku Ittai-Ryu to Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryu, and is that half of the Hyoho Niten Ichi-Ryu? He has definitely had formal training, and has expanded it beyond what a human should be capable of. The girl is a master, the likes of which only come around once or twice in a generation, but this man is unparalleled. What are they?..."

Okami, for his part, had disengaged once more. They had been fighting for about four or five minutes now, and neither had struck the other. There were certainly close calls on both ends, but it was fairly even so far, without using anything spectacular. With there being no Ninjutsu or Genjutsu allowed, neither of the two could truly go all-out, but it posed a unique challenge in and of it's own. Smiling, Okami realized that everyone around them had stopped fighting just to watch the two unknowns go at it. Raising his shinai in the air, Okami took a distinctive stance that indicated that this fight was going beyond what the beginners in the corner were attempting, and began to move at a speed far higher than what should be possible, leaving afterimages before ducking low to slash at Fauna's belly. The Secret Sword: Moonlight was an advanced Kenjutsu skill, allowing for the user to accelerate their muscles beyond what is normally possible by using a stuttered step to begin the motion. It wasn't against the rules, and the judges were somewhat pleased that these two had realized this.

Chakra: 2,850/2,900

Speed: 120 with Jutsu

Jutsu Used:

(OOC: So, I just kind of assumed we'd be at this regularly for a while, so I'm kicking it up a notch to show off to a bunch of nameless NPCs. Also, the first two sword styles I mentioned are a pseudo real thing, based on actual stuff, while the last one is definitely a real thing. History for the win! Razz)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: The Path Less Traveled (Private, Fauna & Okami)   Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:28 am

The judges would sweat-drop, not having it in them to tell the girl that Nintaijutsu was against the rules, due to the inclusion of Ninjutsu in order to augment one's physical capabilities. Instead, one of them just got a pair of shinai, one wakizashi length and the other a normal katana's length. As for the reason, well, one was pointing behind her.

The moment that Okami had seen the click on the guard, meant to simulate the force applied to the blade of a sword when drawing it from the scabbard in Iaido, he immediately knew what was happening and countered it with inhuman reaction speed. Bringing the blade to his side, he had lashed outward with the same slash, although angled slightly differently. This angle allowed him to deflect Fauna's shinai, obliterating his own weapon due to the even greater amount of force that he was capable of generating. Dropping the handle and shaking his hand to rid himself of any potential splinters before they could happen, Okami caught the new weapon proffered to him, deciding right then to be snarky. "You know, Fauna-chan, the Lesser Aura of the Lightning Devil is technically considered a Ninjutsu when it comes to martial arts tournaments. It's the same with any Nintaijutsu. I'm sure the judges would be happy to ignore the slip up, as you didn't know!"

Smiling cheekily, the still-unrecognized Chowakage took another ready stance, kicking the shattered weapon from before out from beneath his feet. "Iaido is definitely an advanced technique, and it's difficult to become proficient in it. However, it isn't without it's weak points. When mastered, you can use it fast enough to even interrupt a shinobi's hand seals, but against another practitioner of Kenjutsu it becomes an opening move, nothing more. After all, anyone who couldn't recognize it and counter it with their own isn't even worthy of the 6th Dan, and it was estimated that I was the equivalent of a 10th by the time you met me, Fauna..."

Okami grew somber as his voice trailed off, the judges gasping at his revelation. They couldn't understand the sadness behind his voice, as the position of 9th and 10th Dan was removed around 13 years prior to the current festival. The 10th Dan was legendary, and there were only five recorded people to have ever achieved it. This, of course, left them flabbergasted at the implications of exactly WHICH Okami was on their tournament field. Fauna, however, knew the truth, that he had spent years away from the Village proper in training, only stopping back in at random intervals to gather supplies or to visit family. By the time he had joined the Academy and met Fauna and Laputa, he had already been trained nearly to the point of being Chuunin-level, and had already killed a group of bandits on the road while his sensei was out hunting. It was a haunting experience for him, and he almost never talked about it. After all, the first kill would always stay in your mind, plaguing your thoughts for the rest of your life. His position loosened slightly, becoming more adapted for high-speed fighting and reacting on instinct as his eyes hardened once more, and his smile came back full-force. "Well, why don't we keep going, unless you want to stop."

Chakra: 2,790/2,900

Jutsu Used:

(OOC: I, uhh, Fauna? Your Strength score is 31 points lower than mine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what the stats on your account thingy say 0.o)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Kage
Kage

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: The Path Less Traveled (Private, Fauna & Okami)   Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Okami's smile widened once more and prepared to charge before an ANBU member appeared in front of him, nearly tripping the Chowakage and shocking the small audience. Getting his footing and stepping back, lowering his shinai, Okami's business face was back. "Panther, I hope you have a good reason to be here interrupting us. Today is my day off, after all."

The now-named Panther, known because of his cat-like mask, lowered his head even further from his kneeling position and began speaking in a smooth, silky tenor that matched his mask. Fauna would recognize him as a member of the Intelligence Squad, valued for his heritage as a member of the Namikaze Clan, renowned for their speed, intelligence, and skill in Space-Time Ninjutsu. "Nidaime-sama, I'm not here on order of the Council of Old Bittys, as you've expressly forbidden them from interfering in ANBU affairs, and your order to all ANBU to never heed their commands still stands. In fact, I came here on request from Laputa-hime. She's gone into labor, sir."

At this, Okami's smile grew even larger than most would think humanly possible as he dismissed Panther, thanking him for the information. Turning to Fauna, the Uchiha's smile grew apologetic. "Sorry Fauna, but we'll have to put this off for a while. Please, try to enjoy the festival."

A glimpse of the Sharingan could be seen in his eye before he turned towards the Village, where one could see the Kage Tower, the Academy, and the Hospital just over the walls before he disappeared. Whatever jutsu he used wasn't anything Fauna would have seen before, resembling Kamui yet not. After all, it was done with the normal Sharingan, so what was it? Either way, he was gone, and it would be rude for her to interrupt what was meant to be a special time for family. It hurt Okami to do this to his oldest friend, but it would hurt his wife if he wasn't there for her...

[Thread Exit]

Chakra: 2,670/2,900

Jutsu Used:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Path Less Traveled (Private, Fauna & Okami)   

Back to top Go down

The Path Less Traveled (Private, Fauna & Okami)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1