Ninja Revolution: The Dawn of Shinobi

Set in an alternate timeline about 100 years after the death of the Sage of Six paths.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» NINJA REVOLUTION PHASE TWO IS NOW ONLINE
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:31 pm by Kosuke

» I CAN HAS BE BACK HOME!!1!
Mon May 22, 2017 4:46 pm by Okami

» Rei Balor's Updates
Sun May 07, 2017 3:09 pm by Rei

» Kosuke's Updates
Sun May 07, 2017 3:07 pm by Rei

» Kage Summit: preparing for war!
Fri May 05, 2017 3:26 am by Izuna

» Katsuo Jutsus
Tue May 02, 2017 6:57 pm by Izuna

» Katsuo Senju's Updates
Mon May 01, 2017 10:56 pm by Izuna

» VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!
Mon May 01, 2017 10:28 pm by Kosuke

» Katsuo's Equipment
Mon May 01, 2017 2:22 pm by Reigetsu

Username:

Password:

Top posters
Kosuke

Fauna Yasenha

Reigetsu

Okami

Izuna

Makoto

Rei

Goken

Katsuo

Mugetsu

Top posting users this week
Important people
ADMINS
@Kosuke

Mods

Reigetsu Hyuuga
Kage
Yamikage: Goken Jōshōsenshi
Chōwakage: Okami Uchiha
Seishikage: Mariko Kai

Poll
How did you find our site?
A friend told me!
48%
 48% [ 16 ]
I saw an advertisement somewhere!
12%
 12% [ 4 ]
Google.
12%
 12% [ 4 ]
Pure luck!
18%
 18% [ 6 ]
Other...
9%
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33
Affiliates

Bleach Story Role-Play

Share | 

Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rei
Missing-Nin (A)
Missing-Nin (A)

PostSubject: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:45 pm

You shouldn't seek all the answers; believe me.
You may not like what you Find
No jutsu
400/400 chakra

The days after the attack on Yamigakure had passed quickly: three days in and the villagers had finally finished honoring and burying their dead. Normally in these types of incidents, the Kages were known to die protecting their villages. That fact, mixed with the relations between Goken and the assailant Okami and no one being directly punished as of yet, led some to feel that their kage was unworthy and unsuited to protect their village. Some blamed the Yamikage and others defended him, speaking of his bravery in swiftly reacting to the attack and preventing two enormous meteors from crushing the village.

Among those who assisted directly in that fight, was Rei. She had been quick to use the building she was standing on, to throw it at Okami as a missile. It was an ingenious attack, though defeated by Okami uses the Sage's Truth Seeking Balls. This and that had happened and eventually Okami's attack had been sedated with the knowledge that the man's memories had been tampered with, manipulated into attacking the village itself. While a valid excuse to his attack, many lives had been lost. Ill sentiments built up between Yamigakure and Chowagakure, despite the two village's willingness to work together and rebuild relations.

With the dead all buried, Rei was ready for a break. She was mostly immune to death, even her body was undying: yet this event of burying countless corpses and watching many mourn the deaths of their loves ones, Rei felt sick with it all. Her primary goal was to witness death and learn the importance of it, but all of these people had died while she was unable to properly witness it. Pointless death, that is what it was. With things quieting down, Rei had decided to spend some time in Kurai forest: the very forest she had been imprisoned beneath for one hundred years. In complete silence surrounded by her clan, embracing their silent solitude: Rei hard partially gone mad from the imprisonment. Day after day, she knew that her mind was coming closer to insanity. Then the imprisonment had lifted and their cage was raised above ground. Yamigakure had accepted the Dullahan with unease but finally accepted them as shinobi.

Rei stood there, at the mouth of the cave which served as the tomb of imprisonment for her and the other Dullahan. She stood at the entrance of the mouth to the exhumed tomb, not daring to actually enter the cave again for fear of it swallowing her up once again and imprisoning her. She stood there with her body sillohuette in the soft sunlight from the dark forest. Her clothing complete black against her silverish white hair and blue skin, made her nearly a black shadow in the stark sunlight against the cave's entrance.

Her scythe adorned her back, the handle sticking far above her left shoulderblade and the curved edge hanging precarously at her feet. Wounds were superficial to the girl, for her body regenerated effortlessly from such: still alive, she was yet detached from the living due to her curse. All of this death and I am still no closer to understanding the true meaning to life... I'll remain immortal for eternity at this rate... she said outloud, complaining to herself as she reflected upon the recent events. Two men had appeared with similarities to the Sage: hope had lingered in her heart that one of them could lift her curse. She knew one and the other was nothing like the Sage at all. That had dashed her hopes for the most part- but Kosuke was a man most notably in the shnobi world. Okami had more of a notorious reputation as of his late actions. Maybe I should seek out Kosuke and see how far his sagely gift has progressed... she thought inwardly, fully intended to exploit Kosuke's new found power in hopes that he would be able to end her curse.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke
ANBU Captain
ANBU Captain

Ninja Info
Village:: Chōwagakure

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:42 pm

Kosuke had been rather busy seeking potential candidates for Kōten the last few days. He had never realized how powerful some of the Yami shinobi were, he had been watching the few that caught his eye especially close the last three days. He had Kiku watching Rei as the immortal girl interested him, she had ever since they first met, all those years ago. He decided that he should make contact with her, deciding to walk to where Kiku had seen her last, he mentally commanded his companion to go follow the other target. Finding her, he would slowly approach, his singular onyx eye gazing over her blue form. He heard her slight monologue about her immortality and death, deciding now was a good time to make himself known he would speak, softly, " Death is the beginning of Immortality. Consisting of Immortal truth, you are immortal. The attainment of truth is immortality, and to do the work of truth is Nirvana. You seek to be released from your curse, but to find redemption, you must first find your truth." He didn't know where that had come from, but it wasn't what he had intended to say. Perhapse he did hold some distant relation to the sage, he had originally thought he was just a special case, but perhaps not. He would watch her curiously, he hoped she didn't intend to try and fight him, even if he was a missing ninja.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ninjarevolution.forumotion.com
Rei
Missing-Nin (A)
Missing-Nin (A)

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:00 pm

No jutsu
400/400 chakra

So engrossed in her own thoughts and memories, the blue skinned girl didn't even notice the presence behind her, not until he spoke in a soft and sagacious tone. At first, Rei's instincts caused her to grab the hilt of her scythe. the words flowed in softly and she recognized them: though not word for word, the Sage had once told her clan something very similar. Her grip on her weapon lessened and she released her hold on the scythe across her back. She turned around and recognized Kosuke immediately, more so by his aura than his appearance- for he had physically changed much since their last meeting. Rei on the other hand, remained untouched by time. Her blackened and gold eyes bore into the man at his words: meant as hopeful insight to her plight, Kosuke knew not the real reason to the Dullahand curse. As such, it was more of a slap to Rei's face in rebuke for not learning the meaning of life even though over one hundred years had passed. You would be wise to choose your words more carefully Kosuke. I have already taken one hand from you... she left the rest as an unspoken threat to the man. he had struck a nerve in the usually calm and cold Dullahan girl.

Not a moment later after she had given her threat to his unintended insult, she overlooked his ignorance. Possibly it was best to tell him the truth so he could understand fully the repercussions of his words. The Sage cursed my clan with immortality after we sacrificed many innocence in his name. We knew not the weight a life held and gave them up without remorse or hesitation. We are to remain immortal until we realize the importance of living. she said, cutting her explanation short- for she had already said too much and she didn't know exactly why she felt open to Kosuke. Perhaps it was a bond forged in competition: for the two of them had once fought against one another to prove their meddle in the Chuunin exams. Or maybe it was because now Kosuke seemed more familiar to the Sage than a regular person. In either case, she stepped away from the entrance of the tomb, not wanting to accidentally fall back in or be pushed in. She stepped away from it and circled Kosuke's left side, not meaning any hostilty, just wishing for a more "safe" position away from her place of imprisonment. She leaned against a large tree, facing Kosuke and awaiting his response, her blackened eyes boring into him, questionin ghis character by his actions and words. He and Okami were to be judged by her after all. If she found them lacking or unworthy, she would reap them.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke
ANBU Captain
ANBU Captain

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:16 pm

Kosuke would raise his hands in an apologetic manner, he did not mean to offend. Though her threat made him chuckle some, not out of arrogance, but out of the sheer fact that he hadn't been threatened in a long time. He would also rub his right arm subconsciously, he had it replaced a long time ago, but her bringing it up brought about phantom pains. Listening to her tale he would sigh slightly. He did assume it was possible for him to undo her immortality, but should he fail she may be burdened with something worse. "I do not mean to offend you Rei-san. I might wield some powers similar to the sage, but these are my own, unlocked not through some blood relation, but through work and sacrifice. Not to say that Okami didn't work or sacrifice equally to me, but he is the sages new vessel. I am merely a descendant. Though, I am only here to chat and catch up with you! I haven't seen you since the exams, but even after these few years, you still look the same. I suppose that's a side effect of your burden, you know, even though I'm not the sages chosen vessel, I might could help you with your issue."  He would look at her very closely. He didn't know how her skills had changed in these years, but he had grown at an exponential rate, he was confident he could at least match her speed and strength now.

Back to top Go down
Rei
Missing-Nin (A)
Missing-Nin (A)

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:57 pm

No jutsu
400/400 chakra

She knew he hadn't meant to offend her, his ignorance to her circumstances was proof enough that he was not the Sage she had once knew. So she had all the more reason to believe Kosuke when he explained to her that he had achieved powers similar to the Sage by his own accord. It made sense, for the Sage had also once obtained mighty power through his own effort: why couldn't someone else? His explanation was his vindication, no longer did Rei see it as her duty to judge him whether she was to execute him for blasphemy against the Sage or not. Instead, she was faced with a whole new problem. Someone who was not the Sage, had unlocked similar powers, which meant that they could be easily abused, such as Okami's case. Though unintentional, he had been manipulated into creating a devastating situation. As a devout follower of the Sage, she felt it was her duty to ensure that this power was not misused: at least for the wrong reasons. It is nice to see you again Kosuke. I was truly surprised to see you in Yamigakure during the attack.

She paused for a moment, weighing the worth and possibility. She shook her head in a resoulute decision. No. If you are not the Sage, then I would not allow you to remove this curse. Thank you though. What is it you do these days? It had been some time since their last meeting and Kosuke had become considerably stronger: Rei's power was limited due to her curse, but she excelled in her own areas of combat. Though Bukijutsu was her main focus, she possessed an even deadlier skill which she hadn't focused on much: the rare Meiton element. If she was to keep up with people like Kosuke and Okami, she needed to cultivate that power. Possibly being around Kosuke could help her realize her potential.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke
ANBU Captain
ANBU Captain

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:14 pm

Kosuke smiled sadly as she refused his help, though now he felt like he understood her reasons. When she asked about the attack and what he had been doing with himself since they last met, he sighed, much more wearily than intended. "Well, since we last met, I have become a missing ninja. Our previous Kage was corrupt and played a direct role in the death of my parents and many other heinous crimes, as such I took it upon myself to remove his influence from the village. Though, apparently we both wanted Okami to be put in charge. Since then, I have been training and seeking out ways to end the cycles of hatred and distrust that seem to have grown rampant in this world. If possible I will find a peaceful method to end the strife caused by our flawed system, but, if a peaceful method is unobtainable, I will put my life on the line to bring about peace." His little speech had unintentionally drawn out his passion for bringing peace to the world and breaking the curse of hatred that veiled the nations to whatever true threat was lurking in the shadows. "I was in Yami to see what Okami was doing, one of my.. Associates, told me that he had attacked the village unprovoked, that isn't like him. Upon arrival, I'm surprised i wasn't immediately arrested, though I suppose he was the bigger threat at the time. Regardless, I mean no harm to you or your village, I merely seek answers. I intend to stop whoever seems to have the power to control Okami." With that he would lean back against one of the other trees, content with having a pleasant chat with his old...rival.

Back to top Go down
Rei
Missing-Nin (A)
Missing-Nin (A)

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:54 pm

No jutsu
395/400 chakra

She listened to Kosuke recount the events, mostly unfortunate. She was unconcerned with titles such as a rogue shinobi, all that really mattered to her was the death factor. The part of Kosuke's speech that bothered Rei, was Kosuke's desire to end the cycle of hatred and evil. Not even the Sage could break such a powerful cycle. Rei reminded herself. The sage was a righteous and mighty man, his eyes seeing most things and his spirit unwavering even in the face of immeasurable monsters. She continued to ponder Kosuke's problem several long moments after the man stopped speaking, her eyes closed in deep thought as she considered the possibilities.

She finally opened her eyes, looking deep into Kosuke with her black and golden eyes. Facing such powerful human characteristics head on is reckless and foolish, Kosuke. I know you well, just from our first fight in the arena. I know that you are smart enough to realize that the true nature of things happen in the shadows of everyone's hearts. she paused for another long moment, biting her light blue bottom lip as she chose her words carefully. The Sage... He was a man of light and truth. Because of that, he could not vanquish such darkness as hatred. For the brighter the light, the more powerful the shadow.

As she continued to lean against the tree opposite of Kosuke, she held out her hand between them and drew her scythe. The large weapon shifted and became two smaller hand scythes, one for each of her hands. With her main arm, she brought one of her scythes up to her outstretched arm and suddenly cut down harshly with the sharp edge. Off her hand went as she severed it from her body and allowed it to fall to the ground. She would make no to recover it, only continue to speak as a black ash mist would be emitted from her wounded flesh and began to pull back together her lost limb. I was a byproduct of the Sage's powerful light. My kin and I are the Sage's darkness. If you wish to challenge the darkness of this world, you should do it from the shadows.... and definitely not the way the Sage did. She was speaking from experience and if Kosuke was sincere and believed her, he would heed her advice.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke
ANBU Captain
ANBU Captain

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:07 pm

Kosuke would listen to her recount her memories with the sage as well as insight into defeating the darkness in ones heart. Kosuke would ponder silently for a few minutes before finally speaking, coming to a realization. "There is no way to rid the darkness from the world without creating light in every corner. This is neither possible or realistic. Though, to truly understand someone, you must share commonalities with them. The best way to discover a true and lasting kinship in this world of warriors that we call home, battle is almost as necessary as it is commonplace. But, how do you get a group of people who do not trust many of their own kin, much less those from different countries to trust each other and develop a sense of companionship? There are a few options; give them a common enemy to face, or show them that they have more in common than they have differences. If the world were to go to war against one person, or a group of people, it would surely drive the villages into a tighter alliance. Though, no one person could truly take on the world, not even the great sage." He would continue to ponder not really having gotten anywhere with his own thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Rei
Missing-Nin (A)
Missing-Nin (A)

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:57 pm

No jutsu
395/400 chakra

She would listen to Kosuke think out loud, trying to find an answer to his predicament. As she listened, she watched her arm silently as the black mist connected to her dismembered arm and reattached it. Fully reattached and healed, she twirled it, testing it and moving her fingers back and forth from the grip on the dual scythes. Not even bothering to look up at Kosuke, she gave him an answer. Death is the difference between humanity. You all die and you wish to only die by reasons preordained by you. If someone were to pose the potential for all life to end, then everyone would have a united mindset for surviving and choosing their own deaths. They would have a common goal, cause and eventually a mutual understanding by fighting together against something bigger than just them or their villages. One thing he had sad rang true, it was impossible to take on the whole world. Most leaders preferred to divide and conquer. On top of that, there were those with immense power and abilities which could easily topple any mighty power that arose.

You need a group of people at least. People with enough power and like-mindedness and resolve. Rei found herself suddenly intrigued by the whole aspect of the discussion. To her, it was about death. How would humanity face death if it was an ultimatum? Perhaps this had been why she was born and cursed by the Sage... or so she thought, this wouldn't be a bad ending if she had chosen wrong. Maybe I should help you. We both know you need someone expendable. she said it that way intentionally, because they both knew the Dullahand were far more useful as assassin's and sacrificial pawns because it was nearly impossible to kill them. Though immortal, they were not undying. With her potential with the Meiton element, she could be a formidable foe even for an army. There were a couple problems with it however: first her clan, not all were united.

In fact, since their release from imprisonment, they had all gone through different experiences and changing. Though they all served Yamigakure out of gratitude for the village and protected it, they were their own people instead of much of a clan. They were only united in cause in dying. If she was to become a world enemy, her clan would surely match her power and far overpower her. The second problem was her own potential: though she excelled in weapon skills and had the unique property of Meiton, her chakra level wouldn't be sufficient against countless foes. Absorbing jutsu and dealing it out twice as powerful took a lot of chakra. She needed something to conduit and store chakra. Of course this was a spot analysis, assuming Kosuke's reasoning led him to a resolution in such a heinous method to unite humanity.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke
ANBU Captain
ANBU Captain

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Kosuke would look at Rei, her idea definitely started his mind going. He already had the beginnings of a group. With Himself, Izuna and Kiku, with Rei offering to join him also, he knew he would be able to fid other suitable members as time went on. They weren’t on a clock or anything and once they gathered their strength, they could formulate a direct plan of attack. Kosuke would turn to Rei with a look of interest in his one visible eye. “It will take a group, there are a couple who are already with me on this and your help will be much appreciated. Though, I’m sure someone of your caliber wouldn’t offer your services for free. What is your price for joining me in my quest for peace?” He knew there had to be something she wanted, and it wasn’t freedom from her curse, then what? Whatever it was, Kosuke knew he didn’t have many other options than to give it to her, with her help he could surely form a much more formidable group.

Back to top Go down
Rei
Missing-Nin (A)
Missing-Nin (A)

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:28 pm

No jutsu
395/400 chakra

Rei was not at all surprised to hear Kosuke mention that he had already started gathering a select few individuals their meeting here was only somewhat coincidental. It was fate at work of course: once the devout follower of the Sage who stood in the light- now she was a friend and ally of the man who hoped to shroud the world in darkness. If they could blanket the world in darkness, the lights beneath the hearts of humanity would eventually shine through.

She grinned though, despite the morbidity of their discussion and prospected intention. Though they had only fought once, Kosuke had both gained and lost something in that Chuunin exam. Where he had lost an arm, he had gained insight and an ally in Rei. He knew her well enough to know she did not do things freely, because she was not the type of person to do things freely from the heart. Her reason for doing this was to see death through and through. She didn't need Kosuke to find the answers to life for herself. Well. In order for this to work, I need a powerful weapon compatible with my combat ability. The legendary sword Samehada would prove worthy of my use... she trailed off, then grinned wickedly as she stood straight and leaned off the tree, much closer to Kosuke's face. If you help me get Samehada, I'll help you and your group to the very death of me. I'll even return your old hand to you. She winked at him at the mention of his hand, yes she still had it.

It was not so much a threat, but the implications were heavy. Powerful as Kosuke may be, his old hand could prove his undoing if he intended to unite humanity. Rei could offer the hand to a jashinist per say and pay them to sacrifice the blood from it to kill the target. Surely Kosuke knew of those kinds of dark deeds and would be grateful to secure his own life.
made by sei

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke
ANBU Captain
ANBU Captain

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:44 pm

So, Rei wanted a legendary sword. Not too bad, other than the fact that no one knew where in the world it was. Although, he would have Kiku begin to look for it immediately, he could handle recruitment himself for a while. And the implications of what could happen were his old hand to fall into the wrong hands were very troubling indeed. Not only could someone gain access to his DNA and potentially steal his power, but they could use it to do other forms of harm to him also, and he couldn’t see the new world if he was dead. “Fine, I accept your price and I will have my best spy begin his search for the legendary blade as soon as I return to my home. I’m sure you will want to get your affairs in order before you join us officially also, So I will give you two weeks to gather your belongings, get any personal matters handled and sever your ties officially with Yamigakure. When you have done this, I will come fetch you and we will officially induct you into Koten. If, you are still wanting to join us. And, hopefully by the time you come to join us, my spy will have dug up some information on the whereabouts of your sword.” With that Kosuke would stand away from the tree he had been leaning on and would wait for her response. He knew she might not want to do anything until the sword was obtained, but hopefully she would be reasonable enough to at least come to the base while he and Kiku searched for the legendary weapon.

Back to top Go down
Rei
Missing-Nin (A)
Missing-Nin (A)

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:54 pm

No jutsu
395/400 chakra

For better or worse, the deal had been struck. All that was left was to keep their end of the bargain: as for Rei. There was only one thing she had to do before joining Kosuke and his group of misfits. She needed to severe ties with Yamigakure and her clan- but mostly her clan because they proved the most challenging. Each Kosuke and Rei were not off the tree and standing close, it was time for their reunion to come to an end, each to their respective places. She nodded her head in agreement with his words, Two weeks will be plenty of time for me to deal with business of my end. Trust me, you will know when the time is right. she said in a convincingly mysterious manner and then turned her back to him as she walked away from the mountain and back towards her village: even keen with her perception to her surroundings. There had been no other lingering aura around during their meeting, so she knew her meeting and discussion with Kosuke had been secure.
[EXIT]
made by sei

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke
ANBU Captain
ANBU Captain

Ninja Info

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:58 pm

Kosuke would nod, activating his sharingan and then his EMS, "Fine then, I will see you in two weeks." With that he activated his Kamui, swirling into a dimensional rift that would take him back to the base of Kōten. He had some preparations to do, they were about to get their first official member.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]   

Back to top Go down

Immortal Reunion[Ko & Rei, IO]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1